Everyone would know by now that Malaysia is under a temporary lockdown situation amidst the Covid-19 outbreak. Because of that, leaving home and going out is ill advised for the time being.
Since we can’t visit any restaurants for the new 2 weeks, we’ve compiled a list of 3 super simple meals you could make yourself at home! Since there is a limited amount of resources, we have challenged ourselves to create meals with 5 ingredients or less!
Here are the meals!
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ cup Milk
4 Slice Bread
- Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Stir in milk.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Fry bread slices on a lightly greased non-stick skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides. Serve with ice-cream, syrup, or icing sugar if desired.
2.Steak in Soy Sauce
900g Flap steak
5 clove Garlic
½ cup Soy sauce
½ tsp Pepper
4 tbsp Canola Oil
- Add the steak, soy sauce, pepper and crushed garlic into a ziplock bag to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a medium-sized pan on high heat, then coat with canola oil
- Remove steak from marinade and pat dry before placing it on the pan.
- Cook on a high heat, flipping the steak frequently until the internal temperature registers 57 degrees Celsius.
- Let rest for 5 minutes until cutting.
- Cut and serve with rice!
170g Skinless salmon
1 Lemon, sliced
Olive oil, as needed
Salt, pepper & thyme, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salmon, then season with salt and pepper. Top with lemon slices and thyme.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. (The salmon should flake easily with a fork when it’s ready.)
- Serve with a side of fresh vegetables.