It’s easy to think that lunch takeaways are time-consuming to prepare. However, when you have a bunch of simple recipes in your arsenal, your lunch variety is limitless.
If you’re looking for easy-to-cook and budget-friendly recipes, we are here to show some of our favourites.
1. Sundried Tomato Pasta
Everyone loves the classic sundried tomato pasta for good reasons. They’re easy to prepare and you can pretty much get the ingredients from your Mom’s kitchen. Once you’re done mixing pasta and sundried tomatoes, just remember to be generous with that parmesan cheese!
- Add half the sun-dried tomatoes, all the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, 2 teaspoons of salt, and pepper to a food processor, and process until almost smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package in a large pot of seasoned boiling water until al dente. Drain well, and then toss with the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Meanwhile, mince the remaining sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives (if using), remaining sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, and basil to the salad. Toss to distribute evenly. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is retrieved from Popsugar.
2. Salami and Cream Cheese Sandwich
We wish all grown-ups would quit the simple cheese sandwich and upgrade to the delicious salami and cream cheese. This version combines the freshness of herb-infused cream cheese with yummy slabs of tender salami. Pack it up and take it the office!
- In a small bowl, combine 8 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup of green onions, 1/4 cup of dill, and press in 1 garlic clove. Mash herbs into the cream cheese until incorporated.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- Top with lettuce and about 6-8 pieces of salami.
- Slap them together and enjoy!
This recipe is retrieved from natashaskitchen.com
3. Skinny Baja Chicken Tacos
If you have a Sunday to prepare your work lunches, go ahead and treat yourself with these tasty chicken tacos. Brighten up by fresh cabbage slaw and spicy chipotle dressing; you’ll definitely have a lunch to envy in the office.
For the chicken
- Slice chicken breasts thin, into 1/4 inch strips, and place in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix to evenly coat the chicken with olive oil and spices.
- Preheat a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through.
For the cabbage slaw
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the cabbage. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
For the spicy chipotle sauce
In a blender or food processor, combine ingredients until smooth. Spoon mixture into a plastic bag and cut the corner off to open a 1/4 inch.
Arrange chicken, cabbage slaw, pico de gallo, and guacamole on a corn tortilla. Pipe the chipotle sauce over each taco, drizzle with lime juice.
This recipe is retrieved from thelivefitgirls.com.
4. Chicken Fajita Bowls
If you love having carbs for lunch, this chicken fajita bowl will tickle your food fancy! Decorate that bed of rice with oven-baked chicken breast and colourful combinations of bell pepper, onions, and corn. Once you’re done, seal it and off you go!
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken breasts in a small baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Turn to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn the chicken, then bake for another 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your chicken breasts), until cooked through.
- Allow it to rest for 10 more minutes before slicing.
For lunch bowls
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, bell peppers, red onion, and corn.
- Divide amongst 4 lunch containers, topping with the chicken.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
This recipe is retrieved from sweetpeasandsaffron.com.