From being an Influencer, business mogul, pharmacist, and now a singer. Today’s Featured Interview is with non-other than Jestinna Kuan!
At only a young age, this Influencer garnered over 254 thousand followers on Instagram has achieved so much in her career. She is one of the co-founders of UFCO, a pharmacist, and recently making a name for herself as an artist, releasing one of Malaysia’s hit bops of the year titled Makin’ Me feel, Jestinna Kuan is a name you’ll want to remember for a very long time because she is definitely a force to be reckoned with!
Read on as Jestinna tells Sevenpie how she juggles content creating, a full-time job, and singing all at the same time!
1. Hello Jestinna! It is so great to finally meet you! Could you tell our readers a little about yourself?
Hi, I’m Jestinna Kuan. I’m a pharmacist and digital content creator. I’m currently venturing into the music industry as a singer.
2. Your Instagram pictures has gained popularity with fashion, make-up, lifestyle, and music related content, what would you say inspires your day-to-day outfits?
Sometimes I will look up to some overseas bloggers’ outfits, but most of the time I wear what I’m comfortable in.
3. What are some of your go-to, make-up looks?
Natural makeup look is my all time favourite!
4. What is it like being a content creator and an Influencer in this day and age?
Always push myself to do something out of my comfort zone. Though it’s challenging, it’s pretty fun.
5. What is the day-to-day life of a content creator like yourself?
Mostly creating photo and video contents while juggling with a full time job.
6. Your latest single Makin’ Me Feel is out! What inspired your song Makin’ Me Feel?
I would say kpop songs and my song Makin’ Me Feel has upbeat and fun elements in them.
7. What was the creative process like for Makin’ Me Feel?
As a creative director of my own music video, I planned most of the scenes and storyboard of it :p I planned out all the venues too (they all took place in my hometown, Penang). Oh yea, and I styled my special guests, the dancers and myself! But without a great team, none of this could be accomplished. I’m really thankful for that.
8. What made you want to pursue music? Were there any inspirations that inspired you to start your journey as a musician? Did you always want to pursue music? When did you discover your passion for music?
I started dancing and singing when I was 4 years old. My childhood was filled with all kinds of performances and competitions. I was always exposed to music until I started pursuing my pharmacy degree and I focused on my academics. After I graduated, I had some time to commit to my music career. I’ve been a huge fan of kpop since 13 and it inspires me more to sing and dance at the same time.
9. You’re the Co-founder of UFCO, what inspired you to start your own business? What was the push to make you do it?
My dad inspired me to start my own business. He’s a businessman. My siblings and I have always wanted to start a business and since we’re also in love with fashion, it made us start a multi-label fashion store, which includes international streetwear brands.
10. For our readers who are thinking of starting a career in the music or influencer industry, do you have any word of advice for them?
It’s all about passion and attitude. Start with small steps because big things always have small beginnings. The hard work, patience you’ve put it, it all matters. Good luck!