No boba horror story can roll deeper than this…
While the boba craze doesn’t seem to be dying down anytime soon…
This boba #TRUESTORY is every Boba lovers’ nightmare. A 14-year-old girl from China, who suffered stomach aches for 5 days, finally got admitted to Zhejiang Zhuji City People’s Hospital and only to her horror (and the doctor’s) – found hundreds of boba stuck inside her stomach, colon and anus.
When questioned, the girl said her last cup of boba was five days ago before being admitted. But, everyone knows that’s not the real tea because the doctor concluded that the girl’s condition was quite severe. Yikes!
I guess the extra calories from drinking milk teas isn’t the only thing we need to worry about. The head of the Zhuji City People’s Hospital’s emergency department added on that tapioca (which is the key ingredient of pearls) is hard for the body to digest. To make things worse, imagine what fake bobas or bobas + preservatives + thickeners could do to our bodies.
However, the doctor also suspects that it could be a case of heavy metal poisoning. Whether it is boba or the other, it is still better to be safe than sorry.
Does that mean I can’t enjoy my boba milk teas anymore?! Well, the key to this is to have all things in moderation! Remember to always prioritise your physical health first.