Note: Dedicating to everyone especially women and senior citizens
Recently, there was a video regarding a daylight robbery of a woman in Kota Bharu, Kelantan which went viral in social media. The video shows two men, partner in crime, lurking near a parked car where one of them was inside the car and another just standing outside. The woman did not suspect anything while walking pass the car and the men. While she approached her car, the men suddenly grabs her from behind, pulled her handbag and just went into the car, both leaving the crime scene. However, the woman who are in shock fell down and hit her head. It was even more sad when you could see people ignoring, did nothing, or perhaps not aware of their surrounding through this video clip. A motorcyclist who witnessed the crime does nothing but stopping his motorcycle beside and just looked at the woman. Sigh… how can people be so cold-blooded these days…
In view of the uprising crime cases, it is advisable to look out for yourself. Here are some precaution steps that you might want to take note:
- BE AWARE of your surrounding.
- See anything suspicious or doesn’t feel right? LEAVE immediately or contact security or push the “security” button if there is any.
- DON’T wear earphones or headphones while walking
- TRY not to talk on the phone while walking
- Avoid walking down the streets alone
- For ladies, make sure your bag is facing away from the traffic while walking along the streets.
- PLEASE never ever put your handbag on the side where it is facing the street. You are ATTRACTING those snatch thefts.
- MAKE SURE your bag is facing inner side of the road.
- GIVE UP your belongings if is being snatched.
- NEVER fight back or refused to let go of your bag. You will get HURT if you do it. If you are unlucky, then you can just say “bye bye” to the world. Unless you are like the girl below:
Note: There is a saying in Chinese which goes “ it’s better to lose your money than to lose your life”. It’s true.
- BETTER not to carry your slinging bag across your body.
Source: Insideoutstyle Blog
- If you think this is the RIGHT way to protect your bag, well…it’s really a very BAD idea. You will suffer MAJOR injuries if the snatch theft still wanna snatch the bag from you.
- ALWAYS PREPARE an alarm/ pepper spray in case of emergency.
- You can BUY it Mr. DIY or any shops that sell these stuffs.
- It can PROTECT you.
- DO NOT place your bag on the pessenger seat if you are alone or even with passengers.
- It ATTRACTS those snatch thefts. And when they are DESPO, they can just break your car window and grab it.
Source: Celebrating Malaysian Drivers FB Page
- SERIOUS injuries will happen because of the shattered glass.
- PUT your bag under your car seat or store them in your car trunk.
- APPROACH your vehicle with your keys already IN your hand.
- Get into the car IMMEDIATELY. You will only PROVIDE opportunity for snatch thefts to snatch your bag away while you are trying to search your car keys.
- KEYS as your WEAPON.
Hold the key in such a way where the sharp side can directly hurt anyone who tries to harm you.
- POSSIBLE, if you are heading to places which you can do without handbag, go without it then.
- Just TAKE your purse or small pouch to store cash or important stuffs.
- BUT, you still need to be BECAREFUL. Don’t take things for granted. There are still cases where purse or small pouch got snatched.
It’s your duty to take care of your own safety. You cannot trust people these days, the only person you can trust is yourself. If you witness any crime cases and people were hurt in the process, HELP them but be mindful to stay careful. It’s best for you to report the incident to the authorities immediately.