3 years ago, the Mother of comedy series has ended and it strikes most of our hearts deeply throughout the seasons and story of the loner yet optimistic Ted Mosby, in a mission of finding the woman with the yellow umbrella after falling over rejection repeatedly. But of course, what is HIMYM without the humor and laughs of the Maclarens’ gang of the lovable duo Lilly and Marshall, Robin “Sparkles” Scherbatsky and the all suit and tie, the legendary Barney Stinson. Despite the controversial ending, HIMYM taught us to go through a hectic life of ups and downs dealing with despair, denial and doubts, so here are the 6 How I Met Your Mother Quotes Could Motivate Your Life Right Now.
1. You may think your only choices are to swallow your anger or throw it to someone’s face, but there’s a third option. You can just let it go, and only when you do that is it really gone and move forward -Ted Mosby
In life we may receive criticism, judgement, rejection or even betrayed by others but that’s the realistic way of life in getting better. This may provoke you to just get up and flip the table, wanting to get a hit on their stupid face just like Barney Stinson just for your own self-pleasure, but the best is you can just suck it in all the anger and hatred and just let it go.
2. If you’re not scared then you’re not taking a chance. And if you’re not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing anyway? –Ted Mosby
Opportunity always comes to those who need it. It is within our grasps whether to take the chance or not as we may feel doubtful of where it would lead us. Life is about taking chances so why not taking every chance that we have in every corners as life is unexpected in every way?
3. You can’t cling to the past. Because no matter how tightly you hold on, it’s already gone. –Ted Mosby
Our past may be filled with sorrow, despair and guilt and the pathetic old self of us. What’s done is done and stop feeling sorry for yourself for what had happened in the forgotten memories thus let bygones be bygones.
4. Whenever I’m sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. –Barney Stinson
These words by the legen-wait for it-dary suit wearing Barney Stinson is a terrific motivation to those who are having hard times out there. Society will not notice how sad or desperate you are. Instead, they recognizes your fullest potential and capabilities so get out there by doing something crazy and be awesome!
5. Oh, my God, look at you cowards! So afraid of any kind of change. So terrified of anything new. So-so desperate to cling to anything comfortable and familiar –Robin Scherbatsky
Being out of your comfort zone is a remarkable way to learn and explore the potential in you. Being in your own comfort zone makes you stale and stuck from going forward in your life.
6. You can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be. –Lily Aldrin
Life has no shortcuts when it comes to reaching your destination. We have to go through the long winding path of obstacles and hardships regardless of the consequences to reach to your desired place and succeed in life. So put on your gear right now and face for what’s to come!