Buying masks can be costly when you need it everyday. So, what should you do when you need to make sure you maintain your skin condition? DIY your own to save up costs of course!
Here are 5 DIY homemade masks that are good for your skin.
1. Seaweed Mask
Seaweed contains a kind of collagen called the L-fucose which is good when it is applied to the skin. This ingredient is also rich in numerous sorts of vitamins & minerals, for example, phosphorus and calcium. This mask helps to maintain the firmness of our face.
- ½ teaspoon of kelp powder or ½ teaspoon of chlorella
- 1 tablespoon of fat yogurt
- 1 drop of skin-nourishing essential oil
- Add essential oil to kelp powder/chlorella powder. Stir until it is completely blended.
- Add yogurt and blend again. If needed, add more yogurt until it is smooth.
- Use spoon scoop the mask as much as you need, then gently apply on your face with your fingertips.
- Leave it on your face for 15-30 minutes and rinse it after.
- Can be stored for a week if kept in the fridge.
2. Charcoal Mask
When you use an activated charcoal face mask, it helps you clear the dirt from your pores. The visible pores that we can see on our face are caused by oil and dirt. The Charcoal mask makes your pore to be less visible.
- ½ tablespoon of activated charcoal
- ½ table carrot seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Mix all the ingredients until it becomes smooth
- Use spoon scoop the mask as much as you need, then gently apply on your face with your fingertips. Avoid eyes area.
- Leave it on your face for 30 minutes and rinse it after.
- Mask can be used 2-3 times a week
3. Avocado Mask
This mask helps you hydrate your face while exfoliating. Don’t worry about your wrinkles as avocado mask reduce wrinkles.
- ½ ripe avocado (best if it is ripe)
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mash avocado until soft
- Mix yogurt and honey until smooth
- Leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes and rinse it after.
4. Rose Clay Mask
The advantages are upgraded when powdered herbs and basic oils sheds, cleans and stimulates the skin while enhancing blood dissemination. Rose Clay is a mellow kaolin dirt that can be utilized on ordinary to dry skin to tenderly purify and shed the skin while enhancing the skin’s circulation
- 2 tablespoons of rose clay
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Mix all the ingredients until it becomes a thick paste
- Add water if too dry
- Add clay if too wet
- Leave it on your face for 15 minutes and rinse it after.
5. Chocolate Mask
To all the chocolate lovers out there! Do you know that you can use chocolate as a facemask? This mask has been around for so many centuries, even during Queen Cleopatra day. Now we know how she achieves her beautiful skin.
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ¾ full dark chocolate bar
- Use a microwave-safe bowl to melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Mix olive oil and honey until smooth.
- Stir the mixture and make sure it is not hot before you apply it to your face
- Leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water after.
Header image source is from here