A long holiday is coming up this week! Are you planning to go on a short and sweet overseas trip but your passport has expired?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the MyONLINE*PASSPORT online renewal portal.
- Choose from a list of offices to collect your passport from.
- Make your payment via credit or debit card. The fees are as follows:
(a) Average Applicant (13 – 59 years old): RM 200
(b) Senior citizen (above 60 years old): RM100
- The date and time of passport collection will be determined by the system based on the day and time the application is made. Applications made before 3.00 p.m. on a working day will be available for collection on the same day. Applications made after 3.00pm will be available for collection after 10.00 a.m. the following working day.
The DO’s for passport photos:
- Background must be white and without shadows as coloured backgrounds will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to wear dark clothing and covering shoulders and chest.
- Applicants are required to wear dark-coloured scarfs or hijabs and it is not covering the face.
- Uploaded photo must have been taken at a professional photo studio. The uploaded softcopy is required to be in the format provided by the photo studio. Polaroid pictures will not be accepted.
Applications which do not meet the specifications listed above will be put on-hold and collection will be delayed.
- Applicants are required to collect their new passport in-person and provide the following required documentation:
(a) Identification Card (MyKad)
(b) Existing passport
(c) Payment receipt issued by the system
- A representative is not allowed to collect your new passport on your behalf.
- Applicants below 18 years old are required to bring along their Birth Certificate and have a parent or legal guardian present during collection at the Passport Recipient and Issuance Office.
- If the applicant or parent / legal guardian is not present during collection, the passport will not be issued.
- If the photo you have uploaded does not meet the specifications as above, you can have your passport photo taken at the Passport Recipient and Issuance Office you selected to collect your passport.