Meet Lankybox- a comedic duo who pride themselves on creating quirky music videos that is always of the highest quality and calls themselves The Zero Budget Guys. In today’s Featured Interview with Lankybox tells us the story of how their zero budget videos came about and some of their personal insights. Enjoy!
1. Hi Justin and Adam! Please tell us more about yourself!
Hello! We are Adam and Justin (aka LankyBox), and we are best known for recreating videos with Zero Budget!
2. Tell us more about how did the idea of coming out with zero budget videos was birthed.
It actually started somewhat out of necessity – we didn’t typically spend much money when making our videos, so we thought it would be funny to try and recreate videos that usually have a massive budget, and see how similar we could make ours using no money.
3. 2018 was a big year for the both of you! Perhaps you can share with us the highlights of 2018?
The highlights for us was definitely having idols such as KARD, Jessi, NeonPunch, and Dreamcatcher react to our Zero Budgets. It’s such a cool experience having someone you look up to watch something you made.
4. It seems like you guys really love making zero budget videos of K-pop music videos. Are there any specific reasons behind this?
K-pop videos are typically very visual and exciting, which makes recreating them that a lot of fun to do. Our favourite videos to recreate are ones like ‘BTS – Idol’ because there are so many crazy and exciting things happening in the video, that we can just have a lot of fun with it.
5. Any chance of making any zero budget videos of Malaysian music video soon?
Possibly! We always love trying new concepts and genres.
6. So, your last video of 2018 was the Lankybox Rewind 2018. What are some of the things that you’ll do differently for all your videos moving forward?
For us, we just love making people laugh, so the main goal of 2019 is to just keep making more content that will hopefully brighten people’s day.
7. What are the ups and downs that you’ve encountered on YouTube career so far? And how did you overcome them?
Definitely staying consistent is tough, as you have to make sure you don’t burn yourself out making videos. We always really enjoy the filming and editing of them though, so luckily we haven’t felt any burnout.
8. What are the biggest achievements that Lankybox has experienced since day 1?
I think the biggest achievement is that we are getting close to 1 million subscribers on YouTube, which has always been a dream of ours. YouTube can be a really hard place to find an audience, so we are always so grateful that we found such an amazing audience there.
9. What are your advices to those who’d like to be a content creator like the both of you?
Have fun when you’re creating, and don’t let one failure stop you.
10. Are there any big plans coming up in 2019? And what are they?
Continue doing what we’ve been doing, and to make more content for our audience!
11. Your ultimate life mottos that work out every single time?
Hard work and patience are the most important things that lead to success.