Time to welcome the second half of the year.
Time flies and half of 2022 is gone! Despite the challenges faced, we still did great to make it to today. Let’s have a look at some good things that happened in Malaysia in the first half of the year.
1. Travel borders reopened on 1 April
Malaysia’s travel borders were fully reopened on this day! After two years of COVID-19 pandemic, we were finally ready to welcome international travellers again. This has definitely shed some light on the tourism industry, and Malaysians can now enjoy quarantine-free travel!
2. Concerts are back!
Do you miss the atmosphere, vibe, songs, artists and everything in concerts? Concerts are now allowed in Malaysia! Here is a line-up of artists who will be hosting their concerts in Malaysia:
– Billie Eilish – Happier than Ever World Tour, 18 August
– (G)-IDLE – Just Me (G )I-DLE World Tour, 9 September
– Justin Bieber – Justice World Tour, 25 October
– Calum Scott – ‘Bridges’ Asia Tour, 27 October
– Lany – ‘A November To Remember’ Tour, 6 November
3. 174 Medals won at SEA Games 2022
At the 2021 SEA Games in Hanoi that was held from 12 to 23 May 2022, our athletes won 39 gold, 45 silver and 90 bronze medals, which sums up a total of 174 medals. Thank you to all the athletes for making us Malaysians proud!
4. Flying colours in 2021 SPM
2021 SPM’s results were released on the 16 June and the candidates did a great job despite all the challenges faced during the pandemic. Over 9,600 candidates scored straight As, and 55% of the candidates got at least a pass in all subjects. Congratulations!