Starting from today, 16 August onwards, 11 more types of business will be allowed to operate again but with restrictions and limitations imposed.
With the speed-up of vaccination progress in Malaysia, more and more individuals are getting fully vaccinated and thus the government has also decided to relax the standard operating procedures for businesses to re-operate again after waiting for months to get rid of this pandemic. However, these relaxed SOPs does not apply to all but fully vaccinated individuals only.
For your information, you’ll only be considered fully vaccinated if…
- you’ve are taken the single-dose vaccines 28 days ago (applies to Johnson & Johnson or Cansino)
- you’ve taken the second dose of double dose vaccine 14 days ago (applies to Pfizer, AstraZeneca, or Sinovac)
List of businesses that can re-operate again starting by 16 August 2021, under Phase 1 of National Recovery Plan:
- Barber and beauty salons (for general haircut services only)
- Car Wash services
- Electrical and electronic shops
- Furniture shops
- Sports equipment shops
- Car dealers and distribution centres
- Household and kitchenware items
- Clothing and accessories stores
- Jewellery stores
- Morning markets and Pasar Tani
- Car accessory shops
States that are still under phase 1 of national recovery plan:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Negeri Sembilan
Feeling confused with the constantly changing SOPs?
Here’s a newly launched portal from the government, specifically to explain and announce the latest SOPs in each state of Malaysia: National Recovery Plan Official Portal. Not sure what are the do’s and don’ts? Always check out this portal for the latest info!
Though most of us are fully vaccinated and the SOPs have also been relaxed, bear in mind that we can still get affected by the virus or even spread it to people around us or our loved ones. Only go out when it’s necessary, stay home, stay safe.
Header source: Source