Friendship Day is just a couple of days away! While we shan’t wait for one particular day to celebrate love and friendship, 30th of July is a day where we all reflect upon the bonds that we’ve made; for some friendships are here for a season or a reason, whereas others last for a lifetime!
Some say that best friends are siblings that we get to choose.
True friendship is when someone knows you better than yourself; someone who celebrates you for who you are, triumphant moments or time of despair, they are always there to cheer for you and lift you up. They speak words when it’s needed, and they share the silence with you when words fail to string into sentences.
In the days to come, Sevenpie will be releasing real stories about the best of friends (some of you might even recognize them from social media!). Through their stories, you will be able to learn a thing or two about how they friendships blossomed, and in spite of the dynamic of their friendships, how they weather through the turbulence of life, together.
Now, you may have heard about this unlikely pair for today’s special edition. This furry bond will have heads turning (literally) and serve as a testimony that our feline friends are more than meets the eye. Be it a usual ride together on their motorcycle, or even lepak session at the mamak, it really isn’t hard to spot Afiq Shazwan & Fluffy the cat, especially with the close bond they share with one another.
So get comfy, and grab your best pals because these are reads that you don’t want to ignore!
Afiq Shazwan & Fluffy The Cat
1. Hi Afiq, thank you so much for allowing us to have this interview with you! We are incredibly happy to have you and Fluffy the cat with us. Can you give our readers a brief introduction about yourself? Oh and do share with us how many cats you have now too! 😉
Hi Sevenpie! My name is Afiq Shazwan, you can call me Afiq. I am a freelance runner and am currently staying at Ara Damansara together with my wife. Currently, I have 11 cats in total: 3 kittens and 8 adult cats. You can tell that both my wife and I are cat lovers! During my leisure time, Fluffy and I love going on motorcycle rides together!
2. Let’s start from the very beginning from where the furry-friendship all started: How did you first met Fluffy? Have you always had a love for cats since the very beginning?
Actually, you’d be surprised to know that I wasn’t a cat lover at the beginning. I’ve only started to keep Fluffy since 2015. I was staying alone in KL and decided to keep Fluffy with me as my friend and companion. Fluffy’s personality is what attracted me to keep him with me. He really is one of the best, and so adorable! His character makes me happy.
3. Can you describe Fluffy’s personality? Share with us on what you love most about Fluffy and of course, what are some of the “pet-peeves” you have about Fluffy!
Fluffy is very easy to handle. He is very obedient and can follow instructions well. Not to mention, he loves riding motorcycle with me! He knows how to remain calm, even during our 4-hours long motorcycle rides.
To me, my relationship with Fluffy is more than a friend: it is like a father-and-son relationship. Whenever I go to restaurants, I would always bring Fluffy along to accompany me. He loves to drink Milo ice! I would always share a plate and a cup with him. I think if we treat our pet as a family member, we can easily form a stronger bond with each other.
4. Having a close relationship with your pet cat, do both you and Fluffy share a “secret code” with each other that only the both of you would understand?
The secret code between Fluffy and I would be “Fluffy, duduk” (Fluffy, sit). When I ask him to sit, he will sit immediately. It doesn’t happen the same way if the command comes from my wife, Fluffy would only do it immediately if it’s coming from me.
5. Other than the iconic motorcycle rides that you and Fluffy have, what other activities that you enjoy doing with Fluffy?
Other than the motorcycle rides, we love having our “mamak” sessions together.
6. Fluffy is indeed more than just a pet, but also a great furry companion. Having Fluffy by your side, how has it impacted you emotionally? Has Fluffy helped relieve your daily stress from work and life?
Like what I have mentioned previously, Fluffy is more than just a pet: he is like a son to me. Even though he cannot talk like humans do, but we can still share with him. I believe that he understands what I am talking about. He will respond to me by shaking his tail, look me in the eyes, blinking, and he will also lay down by my side. Fluffy has done more than just helping me to relieve my daily stress, he is part of my family.
7. Taking care of a pet sure comes with great responsibilities. Can you share with us what keeps you going to keep to your commitments to your pets while also juggling with your daily responsibilities?
I think once you have set it in your heart and mind to have a pet, you need to know that this is a commitment that you’re about to make. Commitment doesn’t only come in terms of money, but also in giving your full support, dedication, and time with them. Believe me, once you become a cat lover, you will gladly do all these daily commitments sincerely.
8. Lastly, can you share some bits of advice for pet owners out there who also share the same close furry-bond with their pets?
My advice to the furry-parents out there would be to treat your pet as part of your family. By doing this, then only you’ll experience true bonding with your pets.