We’re celebrating Friendship Day today! While we shan’t wait for one particular day to celebrate love and friendship, 30th of July is a day where we all reflect upon the bonds that we’ve made; for some friendships are here for a season or a reason, whereas others last for a lifetime!
Some say that best friends are siblings that we get to choose.
True friendship is when someone knows you better than yourself; someone who celebrates you for who you are, triumphant moments or time of despair, they are always there to cheer for you and lift you up. They speak words when it’s needed, and they share the silence with you when words fail to string into sentences.
In conjunction with this special occasion, we’ve been releasing real stories about the best of friends since last week (some of you might even recognize them from social media!). Through their stories, you will be able to learn a thing or two about how they friendships blossomed, and in spite of the dynamic of their friendships, how they weather through the turbulence of life, together.
Today’s #BFF duo is a force to be reckoned with. Fitness enthusiast and travel lovers, Karen Kho & BoboStephanie, not only helped each other to achieve their #fitnessgoals, but are also slaying in terms of maintaining the best fit for their friendship. Karen & Bobo shares with us their thoughts about friendship, and how mental and emotional supports from a friend can go a long way.
So get comfy, and grab your best pals because these are reads that you don’t want to ignore!
1. Hi Karen and BoboStephanie! Recently, both of you travelled to Bali together and looked absolutely stunning in your pictures! What were the best things that both of you did together while travelling?
K: Bobo and I love spending our days at the beach club, tanning, drinking, chilling, and taking photos!
B: Hi, Sevenpie! Thanks for featuring us in this interview! I would say exploring different bars in Taiwan, sharing outfits, and pillow-talks!
2. Let’s start from the very beginning, how did both of you meet? What were the first impressions you had for each other?
K: I first got to know Bobo during a media trip to Indonesia. My first impression of her was that she looks friendly and approachable.
B: I met Karen at a few events, but we were more of a hi-bye friend! My first impression I had for Karen was that she was cool and quiet, haha! Back then, we hardly talk to each other. Until a work trip to Perth, I got to really know Karen and the rest was history. Karen wasn’t the quiet girl that I’ve used to know!
3. Both of you are fitness enthusiast. How do you both support each other in achieving your fitness goals?
K: We will plan trips to motivate each other to work for that beach body. Occasionally, I will also text Bobo and invite her to join me for fitness classes, like cycling and boxing.
B: We would share #fitnessgoals and #bodygoals with each other on Instagram. Other than that, we would invite each other to attend gym classes on weekends.
4. Share with us what are some of the pet peeves you find in each other, and how do both of you overcome those differences?
K: I personally think everyone has different personalities and character. Friendship, to me, is about accepting that person for who he or she is. Nobody is perfect, including me.
B: My pet peeve about Karen is that she can never get drunk, haha! I’m always the one who gets knocked out first. Sometimes, it gets lonely. Haha!
5. If you could choose a type of exercise/workout to describe your friendship, what would it be, and why?
K: Hmm, I guess it would be Yoga, I couldn’t think of any workout to describe the friendship. Yoga because we are always “chilled” and “zen”.
B: Well, definitely not hot yoga, I couldn’t stand the heat, but Karen enjoys it. If I could describe our friendship with a workout, I would say Fly Hiit because she was the one who introduced me to Fly Project. Ever since then, I’ve only FLY classes with her.
6. What was the most memorable thing the both of you have done for each other?
K: During the Indonesia trip, Bobo had food poisoning. We went to a local hospital together to find her a doctor.
B: Teaching her how to use the microwave through WhatsApp voice message and pictures, haha!
7. Friends are always inspiring each other to be better versions of themselves! How have you both been an inspiration to one another? What are some of the traits that you both admire about each other?
K: I personally think that Bobo is a good person. She is very disciplined. I admire how she lives a healthy and stable life.
B: I admire Karen’s independence and determination to achieve her goals.
8. Being in the fast-paced media industry, how do both of you still manage to keep the friendship strong under public scrutiny? Do both of you often intentionally plan your hangouts together, or do you prefer to keep it spontaneous?
K: I quite enjoy doing couple dates together. We have a group chat between Bobo, her husband, me, and my boyfriend. Whenever anyone of us is free, we would buzz the group to see if we could hang out for dinner or drinks together. We live quite near each other, so we do hang out quite often.
B: I really enjoy hanging out with Karen and Jason. I like how they are always so positive and energetic! We often go out for dinner or drinks spontaneously, especially we’re really stressed out at work.
9. Share a message for one another this Friendship Day!
K: Our friendship isn’t one of those “cheesy” kinds, but deep down, know that we are “bro-bro”. Haha, you know I love you, bro!
B: Bro, you, me, and Bali soon ❤️