The Movement Control Order has us missing many things from the outside world. However, nothing trumps a good ol’ cheesecake. It’s rich but right. Sweet, but sour. It’s light, but satisfying. The ingenious cheesecake is an amazing paradox in itself. Plus, if you throw in everyone’s favourite fruit, mangoes, there’s really no room for error – it’s a home run either way.
Kek batiklah, dalgona la. Nah Mango Cheesecake 😋 pic.twitter.com/5X3dZrqAnx
— Caja (@SyazaSyhndh) April 9, 2020
That’s all well and good but what if some of us are not on good terms with the Oven? Don’t worry. This recipe also does not require any baking! How cool is that?!
Here’s how to make an extremely delicious no-bake mango cheesecake.
70g melted butter
10-20 pcs of Marie Biscuits/Digestive cookies (amount depends on the size of mould)
2 ripe mangoes
2 spoons of caster sugar
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
200ml Embargo Whipped Cream
80g Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon of agar powder
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3-4 tablespoons of mango puree
(D)–Mango Jelly Topping
1/2 tablespoon of agar powder
250g Mango Puree
- Crush the biscuits and mix with melted butter
- Once mixed well, pour the base into the tray and press it until it fits the entire tray
- Blend ingredients (B) and add a little water if the mixture gets too thick. Sieve the mixture to get onlythe finest texture.
- Add in room temperature cream cheese into a bowl and flatten it with a rubber spatula.
- Add in sugar to the cream cheese and mix well until sugar dissolves. Then, pour in lemon juice and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipped cream and then chill it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes so it has a soft peak.
- Then, combine the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Pour in mango puree and mix them all well.Tip: Set aside some portion of mango puree for topping.
- Dissolve the agar powder and continuously stir it so it doesn’t clump together. Then, add the agar powder into the cheesecake mixture and continue mixing.
- Pour the mixture into the mould and chill it for 1-2 hours or until it sets.
- Dissolve some agar powder and then add in the remaining portion of mango puree and mix well.
- Pour the mango topping on top of the chilled cheesecake
- Refrigerate overnight.
And there you have it! The most gloriously decadent treat known to man.
This recipe is by Syaza Syhndh
Are you a fan of cheesecake? Let us know in the comment section down below!
Header Image : My Latina Table