Looking for a quick and simple dessert? Let us give you a recipe to try!
Just with five simple ingredients, you can make the most exquisitely rich and elegant creme brulee you’ve ever had! Creamy and sweet, this is just what you need to cure your sweet tooth cravings.
So here are the ingredients you need:
- 2 cups heavy or light cream, or half-and-half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar, more for topping
Once you’ve got all of the ingredients, it is time to get started!
- Heat your oven to 160°C.
- In a saucepan, combine cream and salt and cook over low heat just until hot. Let sit for a few minutes, then add vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, beat yolks and sugar together until light. Stir about a quarter of the cream into this mixture, then pour sugar-egg mixture into cream and stir.
- Pour into four 6-ounce ramekins and place ramekins in a baking dish; fill the dish with boiling water halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until centers are barely set. Cool completely. Refrigerate for several hours and up to a couple of days.
- When ready to serve, top each custard with about a teaspoon of sugar in a thin layer. Place ramekins in a broiler about 8cm from the heat source. Turn on broiler. Cook until sugar melts and browns or even blackens a bit, about 5 minutes. Serve within two hours.
And there you go! A perfectly simple recipe just ready for you to try at home!
Are you a fan of creme brûlée? Let us know in the comment section below!
Header Image Source