Are you a huge fan of Kombucha? Always wanted to have it but it’s too pricy for you? Why not just make it by yourself and enjoy unlimited refill as you wished?
Say Goodbye to the Kombucha Stores and read this, we are telling you that making Kombucha is something really easy and this is how you can kill the time during this FMCO!
View this post on Instagram
- Clean Water: 1.6L
- White Sugar: 100g
- Black Tea: 4 packs (or 1 Tbsp loose tea)
- Unpasteurized & Unflavored Store-Bought kombucha: 235ml
- A large glass or ceramic container (2 jars holding at least 1.9L each/ 1 jug holding at least 1 gallon 3.7 L).
- Tightly woven cloth (coffee filters, paper towels, napkins, cheesecloth)
Steps to Make Kombucha:
- Boil a pot of water and dissolve the sugar.
- Add the tea and let it cool. It only works when it’s under room temperature.
- Pour the tea into the jar, add on your instore bought kombucha and mix it well. Remain the gunkies at the bottom of the jar, it might speed up the fermentation!
- Wrap the bottle mouth with layers of cloth and secure it with the rubber band, this is to prevent bugs and debris.
- Place the jar somewhere dark, cool, dry and under room temperature for 4 weeks until the SCOBY has formed.
- When the SCOBY is formed, keep the layer and pour away the tea as it’s too acidic to be used.
Here comes the completion of producing the SCOBY! But, it’s not the end yet as SCOBY is just like the yeast of bread and you’ll have to proceed with more steps to flavour it! You may further explore on Youtube!