With a catchy Instagram bio which goes “Kita:Orang suka nyanyi”, we knew that there’s a je ne sais quoi quirks about this duo, only to discover that among many other song covers done in the past, one of it was for a Mandarin song (which wasn’t shabby at all!). Plus, it’s not like we’ll find a pair of young lovebirds who enjoys the same thing as much, let alone performing together on stage for the love of music. Scroll down to learn more about Kita:Orang!
1. Hi Luqman and Atilla! Tell us more about yourself (and Kita:Orang as a whole).
Luqman: I’m 21 this year, and I work as a producer at an audio production house. I’m known as the charismatic, bubbly half of Kita:Orang.
Tilla: I’m turning 18 this year and I’m currently a part time student and part time singer-songwriter. Me, on the other hand, is the energetic charming half of Kita:Orang.
Both of us kind of create Kita:Orang as a whole.
2. It’s been close to 3 years since Kita:Orang first debuted. Have your music evolved over the years?
Funny enough, Kita:Orang was only founded early last year. Before that, we were two solo performers who just enjoyed singing with one another. However, we would say our music has come a long a way since the first time we sang together. We have picked up so many traits along the way from findung our soul to comfortability on stage.
3. Will you be releasing a new single or album soon?
Single, perhaps soon (hehe) but an album, maybe in the long run as we’re still in the midst of writing material.
4. Are there any big plans for Kita:Orang which we should look out for in 2018?
Definitely our upcoming shows! As for when and where, we’ll leave that as a surprise * wink wink * Please follow our social media for updates!
5. So, you guys just turned one as a couple. How is it like to perform together as a couple on stage?
A couple? You mean a couple of performers? Hahaha.
Performing with a significant other definitely is hard at times but then we both have to learn to separate the relationship from the band to maintain professionalism.
6. Who is your all-time music inspiration?
As a band, we really look up to Us The Duo because of their music style and harmonies! They complement each other really well.
7. Is there anything which you’d like to change about the local music scene?
We love the local music scene but what we would like to see different is the support for it. We have many amazing local acts and we encourage everyone to drop by your local open mics to support your home grown musicians.
8. Where do you see Kita:Orang in 2 years’ time?
Headlining music festivals! That has always been our dream.
9. Any life mottos?
Never forget where you come from.
10. What are the advises you can offer to aspiring singer-songwriters out there?
Always be open for improvement and never give up. Let the music lead the way.