It has been a whirlwind journey for Malaysian indie-folk singer-songwriter trio, The Impatient Sisters since they first debuted in 2011. After a short hiatus, the sisters were finally harmonizing together on stage again when they became the opening act for Fleet Foxes. For those who’re not quite sure who they are by now, take a listen to the song below and read on to learn more about them!
1. Hi Soraya, Nazeera and Irena! Tell us more about yourself (and The Impatient Sisters as a whole).
Soraya: I work as an audio producer and during our hiatus I had a baby!
Nazeera: I’m currently attending Le Cordon Bleu here in KL.
Irena: I just graduated from Berklee and currently performing and composing.
We have been writing and performing since end of 2011.
2. Please share with us your recent experience as the opening act for Fleet Foxes.
We were nervous leading up to the show as it was our first show after a long time (Irena was away in the States studying). We are also big fans of Fleet Foxes! We had fun performing and so thankful that the audience was so responsive towards our set. We also paid tribute to Dolores O’Riordan by singing Linger during one of our songs.
3. It’s been 7 years since The Impatient Sister first debuted. Have your music evolved over the years?
Yes as we all listen to different music and that affects our songwriting. It’s a good thing to evolve and grow, you can’t be too comfortable.
4. Will you be releasing a new single or album soon?
We will be releasing our Malay single Hanyut soon.
5. Are there any big plans for The Impatient Sisters which we should look out for in 2018?
For now we’re focusing on writing more songs and getting back on stage!
6. Aside from singing and creating music, what are the other things you enjoy doing together as sisters?
We like to travel. Currently planning to go somewhere in May 🙂
7. Who is your all-time music inspiration?
Soraya: Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes)
Irena: Jeremy Messersmith
8. How are you ladies all coping with life so far with the latest addition to the family, Layla?
She’s definitely getting the attention now at home! Everyone’s smitten with her. We brought her to our soundcheck for Fleet Foxes last Tuesday and she bounced the entire time!
9. Where do you see The Impatient Sisters in 2 years’ time?
Maybe with another album out! We would like to tour overseas and maybe perform on bigger stages.
10. Any life mottos?
Soraya: “Perfect practice makes perfect” – Tok Busu
Nazeera: Never try….never know!
Irena: Be disciplined.